I was born in China and grew up in the United States.
My purpose in life is to grow. I grow through teaching, traveling, and playing. I love playing soccer, practicing yoga, and taking photos with my iPhone.
I grow new yoga teachers into successful entrepreneurs by teaching them business skills that help them build wildly successful yoga careers.
Unlike other trainings out there, the stuff I teach is proven, unique, and fun. My knowledge comes from leading teams at bleeding-edge companies like NASA, Apple, and Singularity University.
Similar to BKS Iyengar, I was blessed with injuries.
After straining my shoulder in 20 meter cliff-diving accident, I healed myself through practicing yoga.
I was fortunate to learn from some great teachers like Bryan Kest (studied under Pattabhi Jois), Michelle Chu (studied under Sarah Powers), Tracy Rohan-Irwin (studied under Shiva Rea), and Diana Azavedo (taught at Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre in India).
I completed my RYT 200 in Ubud, Bali and am the resident yoga teacher at K10 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Fun Fact: I brought beer yoga to the Czech Republic. Read about it here
As a former NASA engineer, I love teaching my students effective systems that they can use to transform their lives. I’ve taught over 10,000+ students in 120+ countries. My courses has been translated into 3 languages.
Places I’ve taught:
- Arizona State University
- Art Center College of Design
- Boise State University
- Czech Technical University — Prague
- General Assembly – London
- General Assembly – Los Angeles
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Montana State University – Bozeman
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Shenzhen Polytechnic Shenzhen University
- Singularity University Stanford University
- Universidad Católica Boliviana – La Paz
- University of California – Berkeley
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of California – Davis
- University of California – Irvine
- University of California – San Diego
- University of California – Santa Cruz
- University of Hawaii – Manoa
- University of Arizona
- University of Washington
- Utah State University
Let Me Help You Grow Your Career
There’s a few ways to learn from me.
You can sign up for my weekly training for free.
For those who want a denser knowledge transfer, you can sign up for 1-on-1 coaching (a few spots every month).
I’m also open to speaking at conferences, doing a workshop at your school, or teaching at a retreat.
You can reach me at email@example.com
P.S. I’m also the founder of following:
productcharles.com, where I teach people how to become rockstar product managers
nomadcharles.com, where I teach people how to become successful digital nomads